According to the law governing the sale of IRS in Mauritius, the minimum selling price of an IRS unit is 500 000 USD (370 000 euros). Registration duty payable by purchaser
is fixed at 70 000 USD (approximately 52 000 euros) or 5% of the value of the property. whichever is the higher.
Mauritian Residence Permit
On acquisition of an IRS unit in Mauritius, the buyer is automatically granted a Mauritian permanent residence permit, so is his (her) spouse and any dependents. The residence permit granted under the IRS system will remain valid for as long as the holder maintains ownership of the property.
Who can buy an IRS unit in Mauritius ?
- An investor (including his/her spouse and dependents)
- A foreign company incorporated under the Companies Act 2001
- A Mauritian citizen
- A company incorporated under the Companies Act 2001
- A society of persons of which the act of constitution will have been deposited with "Registrar of Companies"
- A "trust" whose trustee is duly authorized by "Financial Services Commission"